Thursday, September 3, 2015
Izola – Feels Like Home
1. The people are so incredibly friendly
2. The wonderful sunsets (great for having a drink as the sky turns red)
3. A seafood restaurant called Sidro – the staff were wonderful and their grilled calamari were fantastic
4. The pace of life – super laid-back
5. The number of events they put on in the summer – we saw Slovenian flamenco, an Italian Rolling Stones tribute band, and an amazing ensemble of folk artists from around the world
6. Their attitude to cycling – so many cycle paths and all motorists stop for cyclists
7. The prices – I don't think you can get better value for food and drink at any other seaside town I've been to.
8. It's beautiful - a lovely combination of Italian architecture and seaside views
We will be coming back.